SMU Online Application for new applicants have commenced.
Online applications are currently limited to undergraduate qualifications for South African and International applicants who have written or are studying towards the National Senior Certificate (NSC).
It is also open for Independent Examinations Board (IEB) certificate or studying at other South African Universities.
You are allowed to apply for only two study choices. For information on admissions requirements and relevant school subjects, refer to the SMU undergraduate prospectus.
Requirements for applying online at SMU
To apply online, you need access to the internet and a valid email address.
- Complete the application accurately and fully.
- Write your names the same as they appear in your identity/passport document.
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees (if applicable) d. Complete the residence section (if applicable).
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of R200.00 and send proof of payment.
Use your ID/ passport/ student number generated by the system when making payment.
Please remember to upload the following certified and individually scanned documents:
- Copy of your ID/passport document (compulsory).
- Copy of your final Grade 11 results or Grade 12 June results or your National Senior/Matric/ IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Copy of your degree certificate(s) and academic record(s) (if you attended other universities).
- Copy of your marriage certificate/divorce decree (if applicable).
Proof of non-refundable application fee payment of R200.
- Account name: Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences
- University Bank name: Standard Bank
- Account no.: 071244395
- Branch no.: 020909
- Reference no.: Your ID/ Passport number/ Student number
Central University of Technology CUT Application Status
Mangosuthu University of Technology MUT Application Status